Health Department - Family Planning
You deserve excellent, nonjudgmental, compassionate care that centers around your needs and goals. Central Montana Family Planning is a reproductive and sexual healthcare clinic for Central Montana. We are here for you, and our hope is to make healthcare easy, private, safe, and affordable.
We use a sliding fee scale, which means what you pay is based on income. Whether you have health insurance, Medicaid, or no insurance, you are welcome at Central MT Family Planning.
We offer a variety of services and are located in a great building with lots of parking and privacy. Central Montana Family Planning complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
We are an affordable and confidential Title X Family Planning Clinic located in Lewistown since 1974 that serves the six geographical counties of Central Montana. We offer reproductive health services on a sliding fee scale based on gross family income and family size to men, women and teens.
Our Information Pamplet is available online - click to download.
Check us out on Facebook. We have pictures of our outreach events and monthly changes to our bulletin board as well as great prevention messages and links to other great sites for educational materials.
To provide nonjudgmental reproductive healthcare in a confidential, compassionate environment for the men, women and teens of Central Montana regardless of age or income.
Who We Serve
The men, women and teens of Central Montana in Fergus, Judith Basin, Petroleum, Golden Valley, Musselshell and Wheatland counties.
What We Provide
Services to both sexes with a focus on reproductive health & personal safety and protection. These services include, but are not limited to, exams, cancer screenings, sexually-transmitted infection testing & treatment, immunizations, rapid HIV testing (get your confidential result in 15 minutes), birth control methods, and more.
We also provide health education, preconception counseling, pregnancy testing, and a variety of other services. For more information about our services, visit the Men's and Women's Health Section at DPHHS.
Plan First eligiblity will assist female patients with their reproductive health costs.
We offer a sliding fee scale according to income and family size. We can bill Medicaid and third party insurances.
We dispense contraceptive methods in our clinic including birth control pills, Depo Provera Injections, Nuva Ring, Intrauterine Devices (IUD), Nexplanon and free condoms.
Please contact our office for details.
We aren't here to make money but we need money to stay here. Please consider making a tax deductible donation today.
These are the forms Central Montana Family Planning requires in order to establish and/or maintain your healthcare with our clinic.
Feel free to download, fill-in (when applicable), print-out, sign, and return to us at your appointment time.
FORMS MUST BE FILLED OUT IN EITHER BLUE OR BLACK INK ONLY.
Forms Required at First Visit, Annually, or Whenever Address and/or Income Changes
Forms Required at First and/or Annual Visit ~
Personal Health History
Forms Required if You've Had an Exam Within the Last 12 Months with Another Provider
Medical Request or Release form
Forms Needed if Your Plan on Using Your Parental Income/ Insurance
Parent Financial Form
Forms Needed to Allow or Deny Parental/Guardian Information About Your Patient Status
Teen Patient Parent/Guardian Release
Birth Control Method Information
Your method of choice will be discussed at length at your appointment.
- Reproductive health services, sexually transmitted infections testing and treatment, confidential partner notification, pregnancy testing, reproductive life planning and referrals, vaginal infection screening and treatments, and urinary tract infection screening and treatment
- Contraceptives - available on site including: Oral contraceptives, Depo Provera, Nuva Ring, Condoms, Nexplanon (subdermal implant in arm) Mirena, Paragard and Liletta and Kyleena (intrauterine devices).
- Physical Assessments
- sexual health and comprehensive health evaluations, including clinical breast exam and pelvic exams.
- physical assessments and menopausal services for women over reproductive age
- Sharps Containers - for proper disposal of needles, syringes and lancets. We distribute empty containers and dispose of full ones for a nominal fee.
- Diapers, wipes and prenatal vitamins
- Insurance & Discounts
- Sliding fee scale
- We bill insurance and Medicaid and have other financial resources and applications for financial assistance for contraceptives and sterilization and cancer screening.
- Teen Clinic
- Patient Portal
- Order Refills
- Public speaking and puberty education
- LGBTQ + Training
- American Indian
Frequently Asked Questions About Our Over-the-Counter (OTC) Plan B Service
Q: Do you need an appointment?
Q: How much does it cost?
A: Current price: $32.00 (subject to change without notice)
CASH ONLY. We do not accept checks or credit/debit cards for OTC Plan B!
Q: When should it be taken?
A: Immediately after purchase for best results, unless purchased to have on hand for a future time. Otherwise, Plan B is most effective within the first 72 hours (3 days) after unprotected sex, but may be taken up to 120 hours (5 days). Keep in mind that the later Plan B is taken, the less effective it becomes.
Also remember that OTC Plan B does NOT protect against sexually transmitted infections or disease. FREE condoms are available at CMFP by the dozen, just ask for a bag at the window.
Central Montana Family Planning’s fees are based on income and family size. We realize at times funds run low and in good faith we are willing to let our patients charge on their account. Payment in full is expected at the time of receipt of services.
Family Planning does not encourage putting off health care because of a balance due, and we would never refuse service because of your inability to pay that day.
If you have a balance due on your account you will be asked to pay at a minimum the cost of your services or supplies received that day. If you are unable to pay anything at the time of service, it is allowable to offer a charge to your account of ONE dispensing of birth control at a time.
If you are unable to pay the previous or current balance in full, we are willing to work out payment arrangements. We also will accept volunteer time to help alleviate any debt.
Family Planning sends out monthly statements around the 15th- 25th of each month. There should be no surprises as to the amount due on any account. We are willing to work with our patients. Our patient charges are already at a discount.
We ask that you afford us the same courtesy by trying to keep your account current.
We aren’t here to make money, but we need money to stay here.
We recognize and respect the rights of each and every patient:
- Services are received on a voluntary basis.
- Individuals must not be subjected to coercion to receive services or to use or not use any
particular method of family planning.
- Unless a method is medically unsafe, the patient has a right to make a voluntary, unpressured decision regarding a method of family planning. The patient should make an informed decision.
- Patients have a right to be treated with dignity in a private setting.
- Patients have a right to complete confidentiality. No information obtained may be disclosed without the individuals written consent, except as required by law or as necessary to provide services to the individual, with the appropriate safeguards for confidentiality.
- Each person has a right to Family Planning services regardless of financial or social status. Family Planning is a right of each individual, including teenagers, prisoners, psychiatric patients, and indigent persons.
- Every patient requires and deserves the clinician’s full attention given within an adequate period of time.
- No person will be denied services due to their inability to pay.
- Our clinic is one of 10 federally funded Cancer Screening Programs in Montana. This program also serves the entire state of Montana and our site serves Fergus County. We provide women aged 21-64 with pap smear testing at our own site or schedule appointments with any enrolled provider in Montana and assist with the payment of that visit as well as breast cancer screening for women aged 40-64 for clinical breast examinations and mammograms with the same offer to be seen at our program or assistance is made for appointments elsewhere. Patient Navigation is provided to ensure screening and diagnosis services are provided in a timely manner.
- These screening services are by application and financial eligibility to women who qualify by income and family size who are insured, under insured (high deductible) or those not insured can qualify. Our screening program helps with all aspects of getting the diagnosis of cancer or not. If breast or cervical cancer is diagnosed with our program then we have another resource that we help women apply for and that covers the treatment costs of breast or cervical cancer until treatment is completed.
We also do many fundraisers and outreach events to raise funds to financially assist those who have other unforeseen costs and to those that don't qualify by income.
In March we do a Leprechaun Bingo, in April we are busy planning for "May Pink Ribbon Month," in May we distribute materials to six counties, in September we attend the Metis Celebration and Chokecherry Festival, and in October we host a "Pink Tea" for 100+ women.
- Call the clinic and ask to speak to the Director (Sue Irvin) at 406-535-8811 or 1-877-421-8646. Or attend an Advisory Board Meeting as a guest and or join as a member. These are held the first Monday of each month from 12:30-1:30
- The Board meets once monthly, first Monday of the month 12:30-1:30 and plans outreach events. If there is a fundraiser planned then meeting time can be more often.
- We love volunteers. There is always something to do and we would be glad to have a volunteer who wanted to do a weekly project for us. We try to get condoms to the bars on a weekly basis.
~ Other Concerns ~
Personal, birth control method, healthcare and/or education-related questions may be directed to:
Central Montana Family Planning Health Educator
If you'd like to order supplies (condoms, birth control method, pre-natal vitamins), please see the Order Supplies page.
To schedule an appointment, please call our office or visit the Schedule an Appointment page.
All correspondence is confidential!
Central Montana Family Planning
300 1st Ave North
Lewistown, MT 59457
Phone & Fax: (406) 535-8811
Toll-Free: (877) 421-8646
Office Hours, Lewistown
Monday - Thursday:
8 AM to 5 PM
8 AM to Noon
If you need language assistance free of charge, please talk to the front desk staff for assistance by calling us at 406-535-8811.
Dr. Christina Marchion
Dr. Benjamin Simpson