Fergus County Nurse's Office
Fergus County Nurses Office would like to ask anyone who is ill to stay home. If you are needing health care services please contact your health care provider's office or our office and we will be happy to help direct you to services. This is an effort to limit exposure and keep our community healthy. Please call your providers office first so appropriate precautions can be taken. Fergus County Nurses Office 535-7433. FCNO is continuing to offer routine immunizations.
Fergus County Nurses Office in partnership with CMMC will be holding a COVID vaccination clinic on March 8th at the Fergus County Trade Center. This will be for Phase 1A or 1B clients. To schedule please use the online scheduling option, mtreadyclinic.org, search by Lewistown, MT or zip code - 59457, choose location - Fergus County Trade Center. From there it will go through appointment times and personal demographic information. Please fill out as much as possible, as this will help to reduce time during the clinic. Once you choose an appointment time you have 15 minutes to complete form, if not completed it will reopen for another to take appointment time. Have insurance information ready to enter. If you are unable to go online, you may call our Fergus County Nurses Office at 535-7433, but please be patient as we are still holding clinics in our office and have limited staff to answer phone calls. No walk-ins for scheduling will be taken. SCHEDULING WILL BEGIN 3/1/2021 8:00 AM. Again to use the online scheduling option, visit mtreadyclinic.org.
Fergus County Nurse's Office provides our communities with protection from diseases through immunization services. Vaccines help prevent diseases that used to be the top killer of children in this country. Maintaining high rates of childhood immunizations protects not only vaccinated children, but also those too young or too ill to have completed their full series of immunizations. A reduction in immunization rates inevitably results in an increase in disease. Therefore, immunizations are crucial to the health and safety of the community at large. FCNO conducts school and daycare immunization record reviews to ensure compliance with the State of Montana immunization laws. FCNO offers traveling and school based immunization clinics for children and adults. Check out our Facebook page as well - Fergus County Nurses Office
Immunization Clinics are available at the Fergus County Nurse's Office Monday thru Friday 9 am to 4:30 pm. Appointments are suggested (406- 535-7433) but not required. Please note that the Nurse's schedule is subject to change.
- 2019-2020 Influenza Vaccinations:
Child Flu Form (6 mos to 18 years of age)
NO CHILD IS DENIED VACCINES DUE TO INABILITY TO PAY!
FCNO participates in the Vaccine for Children program offering federally funded vaccines for children age 0 - 18 for routine childhood vaccines.
Travel Vaccines - our office can assist you with determining vaccination needs for out of country travel.
Montana has enacted laws that require children to have certain immunizations before entering school or day care.
- School Requirements - In order to be enrolled in school, children must have the required vaccines by age. See below link for a list of required vaccines.
- Day Care Requirements- Immunization requirements for day care attendance are based on the child's age and generally follow the recommended childhood schedule.
- Thanks to state laws, the availability of low-cost vaccines and the cooperation of parents, Montana ranks among the best in the nation for childhood immunization rates. In most years, 90% of Montana's three year-olds had completed their primary series of vaccinations.
Please note, the following files are in PDF format.
Click Here to Download the FREE Adobe PDF Reader
Common Questions Parents Ask about Infant Immunizations
Information about Vaccines
Montana Tobacco Use Prevention Program (MTUPP)
- Resource for QuitLine information
- Provide education, information, signage to schools and businesses
- Follows up on Clean Indoor Air Act complaints
- Resource for multi-unit housing smoke free policies and signage
- Supports tobacco free policies within Fergus County
To file a Clean Indoor Air Complaint please follow the link to submit: Online Clean Indoor Air Act Complaint Form
Services For Children
School based Immunization Clinics
Safe Sleep education and FREE play'n'packs for any infant in need of safe sleep area
Infant weight checks
Resource for Children’s Special Health Services
Child Protective Team Member
Ensure compliance with Immunization laws in all schools, check immunization records
Health/safety education and is a health resource for community members, senior centers, employers, daycare providers and public schools.
Capillary blood lead and hematocrit testing is offered to the HeadStart programs.
Services For Adults
- Hep B, MMR, Varicella Titer Blood Draws
- Adult Protective Team Member
- Rapid Strep tests
- Blood Pressures on walk-in basis
- Head Lice checks & education resource
- Urine alcohol and drug screening for DFS/Individuals/Court Systems
- Fergus County Loan Closet
- Coordinates the Fetal Infant Child Mortality Review Team for Fergus Co.
- Jail Nursing
- Central MT Coalition for Family Health
- Central MT Youth Challenge member - on Facebook too Central Montana Youth Challenge
- Human Services Coalition
- School Health Resource
- Local Registrar
- Communicable Disease Prevention Education & Resource
- EPI Team Member
- Assist CMHD as needed with Communicable Disease
712 W. Main Street, Suite #102
Lewistown, MT 59457-2510
Medical Support Assistant